A New Approach to Investing
Today’s venture capital model isn’t always best for entrepreneurs. We believe in responsible fundraising.
Maintain control of your business and your cap table. Find your own path. Do what’s best for the long-term growth of your company.
Your growth will be in the best interest of our investors, too.
What York IE Looks For
- Founders with strong industry experience and knowledge, as known as “founder-market fit”
- B2B companies with at least some portion of revenue being scalable, subscription-based models
- Companies up and down the tech stack and across job functions: infrastructure, developer tools, cybersecurity, marketing, platforms, vertical SaaS and more
- Startups in large tech laggard markets with strong macro tailwinds
- At least some initial signs of product market fit or customer traction
Not ready for an investment yet?
Check out our advisory services that can help in the meantime.
Invest with York IE
How can we be so focused on our entrepreneurs? Because we run a syndicate model and take no traditional 2% management fees.
Our primary investment vehicle is our core investment partner syndicate. This diverse group of individuals and institutions has access to a unique asset class and our strong deal flow, which has been cultivated over the past 15 years of working in tech. These partners invest alongside our own capital.
Since we run a syndicate model and not a fund, we are always looking for new investors to join. Some of the details include:
- Invest in six-month cohorts
- Aim to participate in 10 to 20 transactions per year
- Semi-annual reporting included, with one annual in-person investment partner meeting
- Access to Fuel, York IE’s data and analytics platform for market intelligence, company tracking and investor relations
Want to join our core investment partner syndicate?
We want to see more women in leadership positions, board seats and advisory roles across the technology industry.
That’s why we’re elevating opportunities for female investors.