Recently, I saw a post on Linkedin from a seasoned technology marketing leader soliciting crowdsourced advice on brand awareness and top of funnel marketing. The best talent I know is always learning, always evolving, always looks for new ways to grow and scale – for themselves and their business. This request stood out to me, especially now during the Covid-19 pandemic, where we are pressing our portfolio executives to invest heavily in strategy and brand building as they weather the economic storm.
“What are your top five ways to increase awareness in the SaaS B2B space? #marketing”
- mass brand awareness / thought leadership from executives – stand for something and shout from rooftops always
- owned content – tell the world, every.single.day., no excuses
- earned content – 3rd party validation on other channels, from others, consistently
- enable/empower the troops (all employees/shareholders) to spread the gospel proudly via all manners and vehicles
- turn customers into evangelists (companies and individual people), more credibility, believable foot soldiers, further validation
Full speed, always on, always aligned… brand matters!
This question came from a startup I have known from the start, first as an advisor, and then as an advisor turned investor and shareholder. When you meet a company in its infancy and have an arm’s length view of their entire journey, you have extra care and passion towards them and their work to cut through the clutter and build a world-class company. This one, Catchpoint, out of New York City and run by CEO Mehdi Daoudi, is one of my favorites. They own the web performance monitoring space from decades on the website/application technology operator side and over the past decade as a trusted vendor to the internet’s most important web properties. Keep up the great work, Catchpoint!