(Manchester, N.H., Jan. 24) — York IE, a vertically integrated strategic growth and investment firm, announced today that Heather Lavoie is a new advisor focusing on digital health.
Lavoie was most recently president and CEO of healthcare analytics company Geneia, helping to drive alignment and collaboration among healthcare providers through technology, education, training, insights and clinical services. As an advisor, she will help York IE’s portfolio companies by leveraging her 30-plus years of experience in the healthcare industry.
“The future of health IT is now, and there has never been a better time for the healthcare industry to implement a digital front-door strategy, “ Lavoie said. “I know firsthand how healthcare leaders can tap into the power of data, AI and cloud-based digital platforms, and I look forward to helping York IE’s respective portfolio companies discover what is needed to bring this vision of digital transformation to market.”
The recent rise of healthcare technologies has brought into focus what it means to deliver medicine and digital care programs in a more efficient, customized way. More and more providers are looking for a greater holistic view of their patients’ health through better access to data, while patients are looking for more control over their medical needs.
“The technology is here to reshape and rethink how healthcare is delivered,” said Kyle York, CEO, York IE. “I’m excited for our portfolio companies aiming for digital healthcare to harness Heather Lavoie’s experience and think about long-term strategy in building scalable, profitable businesses.”
Previously, Lavoie was co-founder and vice president at Choicelinx, a healthcare IT company that Cigna acquired in 2005.
Lavoie joins other publicly listed York IE advisors, including:
- Tom Daly, former senior vice president of infrastructure at Fastly and former co-founder and CTO of Dyn;
- Mark Sunday, longtime Oracle CIO and enterprise technology expert;
- Dr. Julie Gurner, executive performance expert and founder of executive performance coaching business Gurner Consulting;
- Kara Banosian, CMO of Stavvy; and
- Mike Arsenault, senior account executive at PromoteIQ;
- in addition to more than 30 other investment partners and advisors.